Sunday, July 20, 2008

Why cancer?

This year, I have been dealing with many people with different types of cancer. First, it was my second uncle who had the last stage colon cancer. When we discovered it, he couldn't control his bowels anymore. That was a big blow to us. Never did we think he would get this. He was such a good man, always after God's work. After a short few months, he passed away. He had lost so much weight until I couldn't recognize him.

Then, some of my church members got cancer suddenly and died within a few months. What got me sadder was one of my close friends' husband who had a very rare cancer. He was said to be the 14th victim of such cancer. He died on Thursday. But thank God that he died without feeling any pain. According to my close friend, it was just a sigh before he passed on.

Today, I went to one funeral handled by the Pastoral Support in my church. She was also a cancer victim. She did not seem to pass on, rather when we looked at her, she seemed like sleeping. In a very deep sleep. Her son was very sad and was very emotion when Pastor Sunny prayed for her family members. He seemed to have much regret on things that he didn't do or say to her. But like what someone said at the funeral, maybe it was meant to be that. God wants us to have some things not yet done or said to our loved ones before they die so that when we go to heaven, we can do those things with them and say those things we wanted to.

What's important in this life is not whether I will get cancer and leave this world in pain. Rather, when I am still in this world, have I done things according to God's will for me? I hope that my family, friends and loved ones can say in their death beds that they have done God's will in their best efforts. May God bless all my family, friends and loved ones!

No comments: