Friday, July 18, 2008

17 July 2008 - A mixed feelings day!

This morning, I received an sms from one of my close friends to inform me that one friend's husband was in critical condition. It was said that we had to see him as soon as possible. This friend's husband was actually suffering from a very rare cancer. He is in fact the 14th patient having such a condition. As you may expect, there was no medication to cure this kind of cancer. Everything was trial and error. So it was very painful to see him taking the medication and undergoing chemotherapy in the hope that his condition would be better. His family also tried their best to comfort him. I thought of visiting him after my interview.

Then in the afternoon, I went for my interview. It was more of a discussion between the interviewers and myself. They gave a very detailed description of what I was supposed to be doing. I thought, "Wow, great! I can finally fulfil my dream of working with the elderly'. As more details were given, my mind flashed with many images of how I could help in the job. At the same time, I was unsure whether I would meet the mark.

After the interview, I thought of calling my friend to inform her that I would be heading down to visit her husband. What's next was not what I expected! I received a missed call and an sms from my close firend. Her message mentioned that that friend's husband had passed on. I was very sad. I wish I could visit him earlier. But I could not due to my other commitment.

Through this incident, God gently reminds me that in life, we may try to control many things happening around us. However, there is one thing which we cannot control at all; we can never control when we die, how we die and where we die. You may build an empire for yourself, you may abuse the people around you to get to where you are today, or you may even have tons of money to spend. But as long as there is no partnership with God in all that you do, these are just worthless things. A breath of the wind!

Remember: we come into this world with nothing. We will exit from this world with nothing too. For those who trust in God, we need not fear. The exit from this world is the beginning of eternity. Just continue to trust God even when we do not know when, how and where we die. We just have to live like this is our last day on earth.

God bless!



http://www.vemmabuilder.com/500580405

No comments: