Monday, April 13, 2009

Movie: Knowing

Today, I went to watch the movie 'Knowing' and I am filled with many emotions.

This movie was about this guy, his son and a note which his son got from his school. During the 1959, the school 'William Davies Elementary School' wanted to celebrate the opening of this school by asking the students to draw what the future would be like. One girl, Lucinda, was the only one who did not draw anything. However, she wrote many numbers. The drawings were then put into a time capsule box and put into a hole underground. 50 years later, this capsule was taken out. Each student were then given an envelope inside the capsule. The guy's son happened to take Lucinda's list of numbers. At first, the guy took no notice of it. But then one night as he stared into the numbers, something striked him. He checked the internet and found that the numbers stated in Lucinda's list consisted of date, month, year and number of casualties. He told his colleague and friend but he was given a fallen ear.

Then one day, something happened; something in the list of numbers occurred right before the guy's eyes, something that he was very frightened of. An aircraft with passengers in it crashed. People were running out of the plane. There were explosions and people were burnt. Then another incident happened at the junction of two roads. A rail track was faulty, causing the train to collide with another train waiting to fetch passengers. Many people were either killed or injuried. The guy was terrified at what he saw. At the end, he realized that the last and final disaster would be related to the sun rays. It showed that the sun rays would kill everyone on earth. Only those who were selected would be spared from this disaster.

As I viewed the images of the incident of the aircraft, I had a very uneasy feeling. People who managed to run out the plane thought that they were saved. However, there was an explosion, causing the debris to fly and burnt the survivors. Those who thought they were saved were now dead. Then when the screen on the rail track appeared, the feeling went strongly. Disasters happen in a second and most of the time, we do not have the time to react. What will it be like during the end times for those who do not know God? They will not have the time to react and say the sinner's prayers. Why do they resist God when they have the time to? I feel sad for them but like the guy in the movie, there is nothing I can do to help. After asking them to come to church and know God, they often reject me. What they don't realize is that they are not rejecting me, they are rejecting God. When I see the scene where many people were being injuried and killed in the track, I ask myself seriously, 'Will this happen during the end times?'

Lord, I don't know what the future holds. I don't know how many of my oikos will be saved when they have the time to. I pray for Your angels to guide them. Lead them nearer to You. Let them know that You are real. I pray that they will be sober when You come again. Lord, I pray that though there are many disasters in this earth, let Your comfort be our comfort. Also, I pray that we, Your people, will not be distracted by these disasters. Let Your sovereignty reigns, Lord. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

No comments: