Monday, March 30, 2009

God, please grant me patience!

These few days, I have been in situations that really required me to be very patient.

Just last week, when I was talking to one of my colleagues and wanting to clarify certain things from her, she did not give me an answer or direction. Instead, she answered a question with a question. I got a bit irritated and told her that I had no idea of the things that was why I was asking her that question. Then, I reckoned that she could have reiterated when I did something to her earlier. You see, what happened was when all staff were busy packing the things for the Saturday project, there she was slowly doing other things, not related to this project. When she asked me for an extension number of a staff, I jokingly told her that I was busy. She got offended. Then when all staff had finished packing the things for the project and were ready to load the things in the vans, she was the only one without the necessary things and even told our team to wait first. When she finally finished, she just told us to seal the box and moved to the vans. It was like it was only right for us to seal the box for her since we were in charge of this, instead of her lending a hand doing it since she delayed the process.

Then on the actual day of the project, things were a bit messy when some of the people in charge were late. So our team put the things where we thought could have been the place. Sure enough, things got messed up and we had to re-do again. Sigh!

Sometimes, I feel that it really takes a lot of effort to get everyone on the ball in this place. Some will draw their lines of duties so clearly that they will not lift a finger to help others. Yet others will unsacrificially help others when they see a need to. What a contrast! I feel very frustrated and sad when I see the first group of people. Come on, we are a team. What a team means is to be in the same boat. Whatever one part of the team does will affect the others. So why not help one part of the team to function well so that the whole team will reflect good? Even though this is practised verbally by many, so few of them have actually do it in actions. What a sad story!

I really don't know how long I can tolerate such behaviours and attitudes. God, please grant me patience to be able to do that and to have a bigger heart to accommodate such people in my midst. Also, I pray that the approval for the outing expenses will be approved by the top this week so that I can plan the route. In Jesus' most precious name I pray, Amen!

No comments: