Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Things more stable. Thank God!

It's been sometime since I wrote in my blog. Well, things had happened and I really needed time to think through what I needed to do.

What happened was I found myself having difficulty to work with my colleague. Sometimes, I would find that she did not inform me things and when problems or issues arose, she would ask me how come I never informed her. It was tough at that time. Besides, I was so free every day that I did not new what I did. I really thought of resigning. But then, I know that I would not be able to find another job that I enjoy as much as I do now. So I shared with my closed friends. One of the more stabled ones told me about an article she read. The writer was a foreigner and he noted that Singaporeans did not inform their bosses of how they felt about certain situations and resigned from the jobs. It was noted that such actions were unfair to them. So she told me to let my boss know what was going on. But I must be very objective rather than pin-pointing my colleague.

So I did and I never regreted it. I told my boss that I felt my colleague and I had very different working styles. Hers was a slow and cautious while mine was do it fast and move on. So my boss arranged a meeting for both of us; firstly to let us know precisely our roles so that there would be a clear role definition, and secondly to iron out any grievances. The meeting went well. We both felt better after the meeting. Besides, now at least in what we do, we can joke and tease each other because of our understanding of each other's working styles.

I must say that if I bottle up the frustation, I will be the one in the losing end. Thank God for showing me the way through my friends. I pray that God, You will continue to send more elderly willing to accept You as their Lord and Personal Savior. For those who have already accepted You, I pray that they will be willing to obey You by going through water baptism, just like uncle Boey Yin Meng, uncle Fong Fook Seng and auntie Lie Bie Kee. Also, I pray that uncle Tan Thian Her will do the crafts given to him properly and not rush into it. For auntie Hoe Kim Kee, I pray that I will be able to think of some crafts which she is able to engage in due to her poor eye sight. In Jesus' name I commit these elderly to You, Amen.

No comments: