Wednesday, February 29, 2012

29 Feb 2012 - Wednesday

Dear Lord

Sorry that I missed writing to You for the last ten over days.

These days, I have feeling tired and unable to concentrate in the mornings.  Not sure whether it is time for me to go and see a TCM.  In the meantime, I am just going to depend on You.

Yesterday, I had taken MC and was not sure of what happened in the centre until A told me this evening on our way home.

On 27 Feb, A found out that one elderly had been telling lies about her condition.  Her daughter whom I had seen and talked to before called me but I was not in the office.  So A spent time talking to her and finding out from her what really happened to this elderly.  First of all, A was shocked to find that the elderly lied about her mother staying in her brother's house when in fact, she was staying with this daughter.  Then another thing that shocked A was when she found out that this elderly's psychiatric appointment was today and not some time ago like what she first told A.  When I heard that, I told A that I found it fishy when that elderly mentioned that she could not take care of her mother as per doctor's advice.  From what I understand, if a person has depression and someone has been staying with her for a long period of time, the doctor will not ask the depressed person to let that someone move to stay with some other people.  Also, I told A that this daughter of the elderly was very filial and loves her mother and grandmother a lot.  A told me that she could sense from the conversation she had with her and said that this daughter even broke down several times during the conversation.

Then yesterday, an elderly and a volunteer were shouting because of some craft papers.  This elderly was so angry that even after A talked to him and that volunteer, he told A that he was already very unhappy when A told all elderly to sit with other elderly whenever they came to the centre.  He could not understand why he could not sit with his friends.  When A told him why he did not voice out during the feedback, he claimed that he had to do what he was told in order to join the activities here.  Then he exclaimed that he would not be coming to the centre anymore.

For that volunteer, she got worked up when A told her that she was wrong to raise her voice and should instead showed grace.  She was so upset and told A off.  Then she went to another volunteer's house to complain.  When she came back, she shouted at A and said that even this volunteer felt that she should stop volunteering in the centre.  So I told A that as long as someone stayed too close to that volunteer whom she complained to, this kind of situation would occur.

Lord, I pray for Your covering upon each staff that we will not be the sandbag of such ridiculous rumors.  Whatever these people try to scheme against us, I pray that no weapon formed against us will prosper.  Also, I pray for Your covering upon this centre and the Satellite centre as well, that You will send committed volunteers who have Your heartbeat.  I pray for those volunteers and elderly who are there to swing us down, that they will be slapped by You, not physically but spiritually that they will know the truth and acknowledge their wrongs.  I pray that as staff and their friends, we will show grace to the volunteers and elderly in all we do.  For those who oppose us for the sake of opposing us, I pray for Your protection and discernment to be upon us.  Grant us the wisdom to handle such situations and let the words that will be spoken be from You.

I also commit the Satellite centre to You.  Let the elderly who have been longing for this centre be glad to join the centre and to enjoy the activities there.  Let them be grateful for the many opportunities that they can have in enjoying such activities and may they not engage in any gossips.  I also commit SAC unto Your loving hands that the elderly will not take us for granted, but in everything to give thanks to You.  May Your spirit of peace be with us.  Also, I pray for this coming Mission Weekend that we will see many more volunteers who can give their time on weekdays and or Saturdays to bless the elderly.  Let the volunteers have the discernment to what they hear and to clarify with staff when in doubt.  I pray that You will continue to send miracles to happen.

In Jesus' name I commit these unto, Amen.

No comments: