Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Who are my friends?

Just minutes ago, I read a very long email from one of my closest friends, IC.

A little background: we have known each other since 1986. There was a period when we lost touch but then we managed to keep in touch again when we worked in AIA.

What happened to IC: well, she has been pressurized by a friend (ST) previously to buy goods from another friend (ML) because ML was facing financial difficulties. ST assured IC that she could buy the goods on her behalf first and take IC's time to repay her the money. However, IC was very reluntant as she was helping her brother to pay his credit card bills + her own bills + her new home expenses. ST kept pressurizing her further until IC consented. However, now, ST pressurized IC to repay the outstanding amount of goods to her because her husband was quarrelling with her about this now. IC felt very ridiculous about this and reasoned with her. What made matters worse was that she had borrowed money from her boss to pay for the renovation and home expenses for her new house. So with her marginal pay, she was finding it so hard to settle anything.

I wish I could help her but all I can do right now is to lend her my ears. I sure hope that our circle of friends can be with her and support her financially. What I found it funny was that she had to pay the credit bills of her brother when her brother is working.

God, please send some Samaritians to help IC. Let her stay sound. I know what it is like to have such a burden. Keep her in Your arms Lord, even though she does not know You. I pray for Your protection to be over her. Let ST be responsible for her own actions instead of blaming others for her plight. God, please help IC. In Jesus' name I commit her to, Amen.

No comments: