Saturday, January 17, 2009

Where should I turn Lord - Part 2

Yesterday, during my meeting with my boss, she suddenly told me that she found it a surprise that I could stand on stage during the Christmas Combined Celebration and Ra-Ra the elderly in the activities. She thought that I was the quiet, shy type as that was the 'me' she saw when I was in the office.

Then during lunch, she announced it to my other colleagues who were sitting in the same table as us. When she mentioned that, I kinda felt embarrassed. Frankly speaking, it is really by God's grace that I am able to stand in front of 50 over elderly each week twice and saying something in front of them. If I were to do that a few years back, I don't think I have the ability and courage to do. Thank God for Your provision.

And that brought me to think through whether I should venture full-time into property. Well, a few days ago, my friend had joined the property industry as a full-time property consultant. I actually encouarged her to do so as I find that this industry is something worth venturing into. Then her manager who is also my friend, asked me whether I had the intention to join full time. Being a part-time property consultant is alright for me, but venturing into full time, well? A lot at stake! First of all, the thing that I am constantly worried about was my family and my financial situation. Going into full-time property consultant means that I may not get money every month, unless this is something which God wants me to do. I still remember what Pastor Beatrice told me when I resigned from Trinity Christian Centre. 'Go to a new place because God is asking you to go there and His presence is going with you. Don't do it because of someone else.'

So Lord, should I venture into full-time there or here? Where to head to Lord? I need You to guide me and teach me Your ways. I have wasted some of the time doing my own things before. I don't want to do that anymore. Teach me what to do. Show me the clear specific direction. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments: