Sunday, November 02, 2008

Personal glory vs God's glory

This weekend, I have been thinking through what one of mentors had told me regarding one of our gathering. Whatever we do, we must do it for God's glory. However, some people had been doing things to glorify themselves. For example, some people give money to charitable organizations so that they can show to the world that they are being kind to the underprivileged. Some give money to their spouses so that they can look good in front of their congregation. What a pity! Are looks more precious than our hearts?

God looks into our hearts. Nothing can escape from Him. At times, I tried to bargain with God. But I know that I lose. Nothing can hide from Him. I can deceive the whole world but not Him. When other people criticize us that we do not give to the church or the underprivileged, God knows our exact situation. He does not judge us like what the world judges us. If we give and do things to take note of what others are looking at us, we are a loser. And a terrible one.

As I remembered the scene about Money No Enough 2 where the mother was pulling through, the daughter-in-law and the sons were tugging the bag of blood meant for the mother. What is important in one person's eyes may be secondary to another person's eyes. When we are at our desperate ends, do you think God looks at our giving more than our hearts? Doing things that others will approve of us is more important or doing God's work is more important? I believe with all my heart that God looks more at our hearts. No matter what we have done wrongly previously, He still loves us and He understands what we go through. In God have I put my trust, I will not be afraid. To God be the Glory!

No comments: