Monday, August 25, 2008

A weekend well-spent

Last Friday, I went to JB with my new colleagues for Staff Summit. It was a very fun time spent not only with them but also with God. In this Summit, there was no restriction on our ranks or what we do. Rather, it was a corporative Summit. I must say that this Summit really helps me to do what other departments are doing. Now at least, I can tell people what other departments are available and what other things they can volunteer in.

As each day was closed with fun and enjoyment, something which Pastor Beatrice said kept repeating in my mind. Don't let the distractions keep you away from what you are called to do. Indeed, I have let distractions keep me away from what God wanted me to do previously. I MUST NOT do that again! Though there may be problems, hardships or other enticements, I must recognize these and ask God for strength. With my own might, I can falter very fast. But with God, all things are possible. Also, I should not judge others. But to know that God sees all our hearts and we are all Work-In-Progress while on this earth.

Thank God for this organization! May you continue to do marvelous things among us. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: