Thursday, July 14, 2011

Logbook on 13 July 2011

Dear Lord

Yesterday was an eventful day.  I thank God for all that had happened.

1) Early in the morning, I went to office, wanting to adjust the upstairs air-con controller.  However, there were too many brand codes to choose from.  So I had asked Jess to give me the instruction sheets which I had asked her to keep.  But she could not find it and said that I should be the one holding them.  So I left it as it is.

2) Then we had meeting with Maikal.  He asked me about the outing for this Saturday, next Tuesday and 30 July 2011.  All have been confirmed except for 30 July 2011.  As we need to arrive very early on Saturday, I told him that we need to be early on 30 July 2011 as well.  He advised us to look out for the meals on Tuesday before committing on whether we want to have another meals there in August.

3) He also mentioned about the corporate t shirts for volunteers and staff.  As a rule, we should not be giving volunteers who are on ad-hoc basis the t shirts since they come once in a blue moon.  Also, they should not be given the zip t shirts as that were reserved for staff only.  If volunteers forgot to wear the corporate t shirts for any events, they should not be given another one but to wear the volunteer's tag.

4) Next, we mentioned about the craft session.  According to Jess, she could not find her second IC.  But she would still look.  Also, I informed Maikal that Trindy had decided to try out CareHut because someone had told her that Elderly department had too many volunteers.

5) In the afternoon, I went to visit Janap to give her the rations.  But she was not in.  So I went to see Achutan to inform him of his changed appointment.

6) After that, I was having some free time where I checked my personal email and also played Gardens of Time.

7) At 6:45pm, I went for dinner and waited for Eric to do our night home visits.

8) At 7pm, we started our home visits.  I thank You for the open doors which You had shown us.  The willingness of the elderly and residents to talk to us really warmed my heart.  One elderly even wanted to give us drinks.  May You bless this elderly's heart and that he and his wife will come to SAC to register for the activities.

9) When I came home, I was still wide awake.  So I listened to my portable media and played some more games.

Thank God for the time of relaxing.  May You continue to open doors for me to share Christ with the elderly and residents in Merpati.
In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: