Sunday, October 22, 2006

A Promise from God: Take God to Work

Work life is really tough. Through all the gossiping that are heard from fellow colleagues, sometimes I wonder why they cannot look at themselves. According to them, they are the best while the rest are incompetent. Sometimes, they feel so happy that they can step into people's toes and claim that others have stepped into theirs.

What's worse is that there is so much work, too low pay and so many office politics going around. Even when you are sitting there quietly doing your work, you will be dragged into their politics. Often, I ask God to put me into another place where all these things will not happen. Then in today's word found in The Vine, Take God To Work, God seems to answer me.

It mentioned that we were often overwhelmed by things in the office: 'gossip, office politics, too heavy workload, too low pay, mirco-managing supervisor, injustice system that is based on whom you know than what you know'. How true that is! But God is not letting us suffer in silence. He gently said that 'your purpose and destiny are only moments away'. So be patient and wait for God. I guess that's the best policy now. I have learnt to depend on Him because no matter what the world promises, only God knows what is best for me.

May my destiny be aligned with His!

No comments: